If you have been following my Gluten Free recipes then you know I am all about easy and fast. If it takes too much time or much money some will not eat GF. So what good is it? This meatloaf can be fixed in the oven or the crock pot. Prep time is quick!!
I did not have a specific recipe so I will give it to you Ky style.
- I took what burger I had which was about 2lbs.
- I used store bought frozen green peppers and onion. 1/2 bag of each.
- I had mushrooms in the freezer that I had bought previously because they had reduced them, I cleaned them all, vacuum sealed them, and from them.
- Corn Chex Cereal. I would normally use Corn flakes but I did not have any. That is called being resourceful! If you are a Mom you know exactly what I mean. Right?
- Hunts Bar-B-Que Sauce. Or you can use your favorite GF sauce.
- If you can have eggs then you can use 2 eggs. We can not have eggs.
- Throw it together in a Bowl
- I use my clean hands and just mix and squish it all together. Make sure it is mixed well. Do not get too much Bar-B-Que sauce in it or it will not stick together.
- I pour Bar-B-Que Sauce on the top before putting it in the oven.
- Form it in an oven ready pan and bake at 350 degrees for at least an hour. The timing will be according to how thick your loaf is.
I have also cooked this in the crock pot and it was great! I cooked it on high for 8 hours.