This was a very quick and simple dish that we made and was excellent! I have also made this ahead and frozen it for future use. A GREAT add to our Gluten Free Diet!
- 1lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 package MCCORMICK’S taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans (check label!)
- 2 cups Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 cup salsa (you can make your own as well or check label!)
- 1 (2 1/3 ounce) can sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- desired amt. of jalapenos (optional)
- 2 cups corn chips (crushed)
1: In a large skillet brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions by adding the amount of water stated on the package. Set aside. Heat refried beans in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until hot. Stir in 1 cup of cheese and 1 cup of salsa. Stir until combined.
2: Place crushed corn chips onto the bottom of an 8×8″ casserole dish. Pour the bean mixture over the chips in the casserole dish. Add taco meat on top of the bean mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top of the taco meat. Sprinkle green onions, jalapeños and black olives over the cheese.
3: Bake in the oven at 375 degrees until the cheese has melted and the casserole is heated through. Remove from oven & sprinkle with chopped tomatoes if desired.