There are no eggs and you can go dairy or non-dairy. The mixture is thick and holds the breading very well. The added hot sauce gives it that extra kick!
1 lb Chicken Thighs, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I use Franks Original Hot Sauce)
- 5 Tbs Butter (Dairy or Nondairy)
- 1 Tbs Starch (Tapioca, Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- 5 Tbs Milk (Dairy or Nondairy)
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca (Or Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- 1/2 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine wet mixture ingredients and heat until thickened in the microwave (1-2 minutes) or on the stove top in a sauce pan. If using the microwave whisk liberally as soon as you remove the bowl. If using the sauce pan whisk continually while it thickens.
- In another bowl combine breading ingredients.
- Drop chicken strips into wet mixture and then heavily dredge in breading mixture; place on foil lined baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken strips have been coated. Drizzle chicken with a little oil.
- Place chicken in oven for 35-40 minutes; chicken will be golden brown and cooked through!