Our Ben has celiac disease. One day I will share the unbelievable story of recovery from just going gluten free. It wasn’t a Dr. that suggested it but it was me. Within days the transformation was amazing. So much I would love to share but for now I have been asked by his Dr. to post recipes. He treats many that are on government assistance that simply can not afford the fancy variations in many recipes. We couldn’t either so I’ve taken many recipes and made them gluten free. After tons of research and letters from companies to PROVE they have met MY guidelines I am confident with what I post. Our son’s life depended on it. Literally!
- 3 pounds ground beef (I used as lean as I have money. lol)
- 2 cups chopped onion
- ½ cups diced celery
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- **2Tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or San-J wheat free) NOTE- Because this isn’t available in our area – I have to substitute with Heinz Worcestershire Sauce which is GF
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups HUNTS ONLY ketchup (or you can use an organic I go for regular shelf food that are economical)
- 1 Cup Salsa (We use Tostitos Brand Chunky style)
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- ½ cup water
- In a skillet, sauté the ground beef and onion until the meat is browned and the onions are soft. Drain.
- Place all ingredients in your slow cooker and stir to mix well.
- Cook on low setting for 4 – 6 hours.
Serve with Gluten Free hamburger buns.