Zucchini, feta and herbs rolled into balls and fried until light and crispy and golden brown! These zucchini balls are a great appetizer and can be served with marina sauce for dipping.
Servings: makes 4 servings
2 cups zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 1/4 cup of feta, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 diced onion
- 2 Tablespoon of McCormicks spice and herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- breadcrumbs (I use Udi’s egg free Bread to make my bread crumbs)
- oil for frying
- Mix the zucchini, feta, garlic, onion, herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in enough flour and breadcrumbs that you can work with the mixture to form balls.
- Form the mixture into balls and dust in flour.
- Fry in oil until golden brown and set aside to cool.