I follow Teresa’s Blog and she has been posting some amazing bread recipes! I just drool…. Check them out!
Maple Glazed Green Apple Bread
For the Bread:
3/4 cup lukewarm water
2 teaspoons yeast
2 teaspoons salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 3/4 cups flour
4 Granny Smith apples, diced
For the Glaze:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Dissolve yeast and salt in lukewarm water. Add eggs, butter, and brown sugar; stir until combined.
• Add flour gradually and stir until dough forms, using hands if necessary to incorporate flour.
• Fold diced apples into dough. Leave dough in bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 2 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
• Chill risen dough for at least three hours or up to five days.
• When ready to bake, grease two loaf pans with cooking spray.
• Turn out dough on floured surface. Shape dough into two equal-sized log-shaped loaves. Put dough logs in pans. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest one hour.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then bake loaves for 50 to 60 minutes, or until loaves are golden on top and baked all the way through.
• When loaves are done, remove from oven and let cool slightly.
• Meanwhile, prepare glaze by combining sugar, heavy cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in medium bowl. Stir until smooth, then pour over warm loaves. Slice and serve.