Food, wonderful food, is one of my fond memories as a child after being adopted at the age of 6. My parents that adopted me owned a restaurant. I thought they were rich because they had food! And boy did I love olives! So yes, this was one of my favorites.
- Drain the olives and set aside on a paper towel to dry.
- Ingredients are to be room temperature. Mix together well the Tabasco & Worcestershire sauce in the softened butter. Then add the shredded cheese.
- Add salt & flour to cheese mixture. Make into a dough working all ingredients thoroughly. (You can add cilantro for color & flavoring if desired.)
- Take approx a Tbl of the dough and make a ball then flatten it in the palm of your hand and place an olive in the middle. Wrap the dough around the olive, rolling it in your hand to make a ball. (The more dough you use the more breading)
- Place on a greased cookie sheet. Place in 375 oven for approx 30 min. or until tops start to get golden. Remove from cookie sheet and place on a plate to cool.
You can make these ahead of time and place in a freezer bag and freeze to bake at another time. Tip: I shake a little flower in the bag and roll around the appetizer so they will not stick together when thawing.