This is a passed down recipe and is without a doubt a family favorite! It isn’t a strong Mexican dish (but you can add your own spicy spice) so it is child friendly!
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 lbs chicken breast, chopped to bite pieces
- 5 cups of mexican blend cheese
- 1 can of cream of celery
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned and chopped green chillies (drained)
- small corn tortillas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brown chicken in a pan on 2 tbsp of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine cream of celery, cream of chicken, sour cream and green chillies.
- Set bowl of water aside that you will use to dip your corn tortillas in.
- In your baking dish that you will be baking the lasagna in-
- Spread ½ Cup of the cream mix on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer a row of tortillas on top of the cream mix.
- Then layer with chicken and cheese.
- Continue with layers until you have used all ingredients.
- Final layer should just be chip crumbs and lots of cheese. Lots of cheese!!
- Bake 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese melted and golden brown on top.